Bulkheads or Cellar Doors – which term do you use? No matter the term used, this door and entry way into the basement can be a safety hazard as well an avenue for water, moisture and critters too.
Today’s bulkhead cellar doors are not like those from years ago. These newer designed and crafted bulkheads are:
- Easy to Operate: Torsion-Cam lift assistance provides smooth, easy, one-hand operation and prevents the doors from slamming closed.
- Durable: Baked-on Sherwin Williams primer provides a durable base for finish paint – paint any color you want!
- Weather-tight: Sheds water, keeps area dry and free of debris. Flanged construction sheds water and prevents binding due to ice and snow.
- Secure: Slide bolt lock and internal mounting flanges make your home safe and secure. Optional keyed lock kit available for exterior access.
- Rugged: Heavy gauge steel and sturdy concealed hinges, protected from the weather ensure all-season operation and lasting service.
- Code-Compliant: Satisfies IRC 2012 Building code requirements for emergency egress in finished basement areas.
Let our experienced basement bulkhead cellar door professionals evaluate your bulkhead door needs.
Call us at 800-445-7593 or click to request an evaluation.